What is the Program about?
The postpartum period is a joyous time with a newborn, but is also a period of huge adjustments after pregnancy and childbirth. The Crane Clinic has treated hundreds of women in their recovery after giving birth either naturally or via a C-section.
What are the benefits of the Program?
While there are lots of conditions Acupuncture and Chinese medicine help with, there are some key benefits for recovery including:
- Speeds up the recovery process for mothers by reducing pain, excessive bleeding, improves circulation and speeds up wound healing.
- Increases milk production – Acupuncture stimulates the let-down reflex to help establish breastfeeding to increase milk production
- Helps clear milk duct blockages, stimulates milk flow, and reduce inflammation and Mastitis
- Reduces fatigue/exhaustion, and restores energy levels
- Regulates hormones, reduces anxiety or trauma, balances the nervous system and reduces the risk of postpartum depression
- Re-establish healthy menstrual cycles and treat issues like heavy bleeding, painful periods, and irregular cycles.
What postnatal symptoms does the Program help with?
- Headaches, migraines
- Insufficient lactation (not producing enough milk)
- Mastitis (inflammation or an infection of the breast)
- Abdominal pain (after pains)
- Pelvic pain, and pain/recovery after a C-section
- Back pain, sciatica
- Urinary incontinence after vaginal tearing
- Digestive issues, Constipation, Haemorrhoids
- Water retention
- Spotting or bleeding, or irregular menstrual cycles
- Fatigue, insomnia, night sweats
- Stress, anxiety, mood swings
- Baby blues, postpartum depression
What does the program involve?
Each program is customised to our patient’s needs and all clients are treated empathetically with professional and confidential care. Patients may receive a combination of acupuncture, electro acupuncture, or laser therapy.
When can I start?
Treatment is typically advised when symptoms arise, or within the first six weeks after childbirth. Please email us and one of our fertility specialists will call you back to schedule your first appointment.
Is the Program safe for me and my baby?
Yes. Our practitioners will ensure they have a full medical history to highlight any risk factors. Acupuncture is generally considered a safe and low intervention treatment that can be used with many co-existing medical conditions and can be used safely without any side effects whilst breastfeeding. Acupuncture has been shown to be a very effective complementary medicine and often improves patients’ response to standard medical treatment.
Our therapists can liaise with other health care providers and doctors if requested.